Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Yurong says..

Hello!
haha technically this is the third week and we should be meeting up! :)

Yeah I realised after you try talking to the person even if you're still angry, the feeling kinda subsides. As compared to brooding over the issue and trying to convince yourself not to be angry. And love covers a multitude of sin. Knowing this helps, especially if there is no reason to forgive the person :)

Anybody wants to go to FASS NUS open house this saturday? Haha i'll die if i have to do chinese studies. Who is going there anyway?

Yup, am doing two jobs now. Still doing the robotics ( finishes next week, finally!) and am working at haagen daz too :p Its still interesting cause I keep learning new stuff. I did the billing for Glen and Jamie ong! although i didnt recognise them initially. Yup, its kinda tiring though cause you have to stand for like 6-11 hours in a row. And I still don't know how to scoop ice cream! but it has been a good experience. So far I have done admin, service, teaching. Have not tried office hours yet and don't plan too. I'll be terribly miserable if i have to wake up at 6.30 am!

Was just watching a dvd by John Piper that my friend lent me.
And it kinda talked about how ' God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him' and how we should pursue our Joy in Him, be a christian hedonist.
Be a leader not out of compulsion but of joy.
It also talked about how ' love is the overflow of abundant joy in God that meets the needs of others.' It is true that when we're happy, loving people is easier.
We have to fight for more joy by standing on the promises of God and asking Him to help us believe. We should be motivated by our reward in heaven, its biblical.

And i thought it's really quite true. Being joyful despite residing in this emo world is reality that God exists and He is all that He claims to be.

He gave biblical grounds on why we should pursue our joy, duty vs delight and suffering for the joy before you.
yup, its a good dvd to see :)
What motivates you ? what makes you happy? can my will and God's supremacy not be in conflict?
Anybody wants to know more I could try to see if i could lend it to you or give you a write up.

yup, long day for me tommorow. working till one!

No comments: